Friday, October 29, 2010

Going Hmmm...should I?

It's not very often that I put true thoughts out for everyone and their momma to see.  I'm not much on browbeating and heavy handedness in getting my points across.  I like that I can have my own personal beliefs, for myself, but I don't have to feel the need to push those upon others.  A very simplistic way to think about it is, chocolate.  Strange enough, there ARE people out there who don't like it.  PERSONALLY, I think they are crazy and have no idea what something good tastes like.  But does that mean I am going to force them to eat it til they do like it?  Campaign for laws mandating that EVERYONE eat chocolate because that is what I personally believe is right?  Yes, I know this is a very simplistic way to put it and there are some major issues out there, but it does boil down to the same thing.  What gives anyone the right to tell another person how they can live their lives, what they are allowed or not allowed to do given that such a thing has no consequences on others?  Before you take this statement and run with it, I'm not saying lets have an open free for all and have no laws.  For society to function, we must have laws that prevent harm to others or their property.  But we are endowed with unalienable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  But now I'm at a point where I am waying my enjoyment of not dealing with people trying to tell me how wrong I am, how I am a bad Christian because I believe a certain way or basically just being pains in my butt OR with saying "You know, this is what I believe isn't right".  So....should I?  Or should I stay content in knowing that I know what I believe?  Hmmmm....LGFN, Lator Gator For Now

2 comments:

  1. Amen to that! What a wonderful way to simplify it without losing the importance of the issues in today's society as well as the need for laws to prevent mass chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often think it would have been nice to live many years ago in much simpler times... Less people in the world to disagree.

    ReplyDelete